Experience of a Lifetime

In May 2008, I had the opportunity to travel with a group of fellow language students on a UAB faculty-led study abroad trip to the city of Jaén in the province of Jaén, Spain.

While there, I had the opportunity to live with a host family and take classes at the Universidad de Jaén.

During our stay, we also had the opportunity to visit Cazorla, Granada, and Madrid. It was a truly enriching experience that has both shaped and enhanced my language skills and understanding of the Spanish culture.

This blog is an account of my experiences in Spain and is in no way affiliated with nor a representation of the experiences, thoughts, or opinions of the UAB Study Away office.


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

El Día Final de Clase!!

Oh, the final day of class has come and gone!! How exciting it is! :) I am so excited that I don´t have to catch the bus in the morning to come to the University. On my way this morning, I stopped in the bakery for a final farewell pastry. I shared it with Amanda... and it was amazing! :) I will miss the pastelerías (bakeries) when I come home... but it probably is good that I don´t have one locally because I would frequent it often.



I am ready to shop a little more... I find the stores here fun to walk around to and to look through. I may go this afternoon. Tomorrow we go to the market, which I am very excited about!! I may even shop some more tomorrow afternoon.

As I have a few minutes, I though I would make a list of things I will miss here and other things I won´t...

Things to be Missed:
1. Pastelerías
2. Public Transportation
3. Coke Light
4. Fun tiendas (stores)
5. Time for siesta
6. The keyboards
7. Amazing Ice Cream

Things Not to be Missed:
1. Unstable internet connection
2. Using a phone card/no cell phone
3. Dog poop on the sidewalk
4. Slippery Sidewalks
5. VERY small elevators
6. No printers
7. Shops closing midday and Sundays

For now, I must catch the bus... later, perhaps I will blog some more!!! ¡Chao!

No comments: