Experience of a Lifetime

In May 2008, I had the opportunity to travel with a group of fellow language students on a UAB faculty-led study abroad trip to the city of Jaén in the province of Jaén, Spain.

While there, I had the opportunity to live with a host family and take classes at the Universidad de Jaén.

During our stay, we also had the opportunity to visit Cazorla, Granada, and Madrid. It was a truly enriching experience that has both shaped and enhanced my language skills and understanding of the Spanish culture.

This blog is an account of my experiences in Spain and is in no way affiliated with nor a representation of the experiences, thoughts, or opinions of the UAB Study Away office.


Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday.

Today has been another long day. I woke up this morning to go to the mercadillo in the neighboring town with the family. It was kind of chilly and rain clouds were in the air. We had a nice time. They have a car... we just used it today. Apparently, there are no other reasons for usage than to drive 20 miles. Anyways, the mercadillo reminded me very much of trade day. I didn't buy anything because I didn't find anything that I just couldn't go without.

I have worked on my paper and presentation all afternoon long. It is now after midnight. I am ready for it to be over tomorrow... I have finished everything but my works cited page.

For the week: final in culture class on Tuesday; Cruzcampo on Wednesday; Mercadillo on Thursday; Castle on Friday.

I'm out for the night!

No comments: