Experience of a Lifetime

In May 2008, I had the opportunity to travel with a group of fellow language students on a UAB faculty-led study abroad trip to the city of Jaén in the province of Jaén, Spain.

While there, I had the opportunity to live with a host family and take classes at the Universidad de Jaén.

During our stay, we also had the opportunity to visit Cazorla, Granada, and Madrid. It was a truly enriching experience that has both shaped and enhanced my language skills and understanding of the Spanish culture.

This blog is an account of my experiences in Spain and is in no way affiliated with nor a representation of the experiences, thoughts, or opinions of the UAB Study Away office.


Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In Between

I agree as everyone else does that it is a pain not to have internet access frequently. It is just not possible to find computers here... You have to wait forever and only use them for ten minutes. For the ones available in our classroom, the internet does not function half of the time. I don´t understand it. Only a few people have internet access at home... I did, but it has been on the fritz. I don´t know when it will be fixed.

I have just finished lunch. They try to feed me so much here! We had some kind of soup and then potato tortilla. Luis' father is here for lunch. He is a very nice older man. He is a little hard to understand beause he kind of slurs/slushes his words together. It is very scratchy.

I just finished writing some more postcards. I need to mail them soon, maybe today if possible. If not, I will try to mail them tomorrow.

(Later in the evening)
We went to the restored Arab baths tonight here in Jaén. They were really neat! We weren't allowed to take pictures inside them, however... The story behind them: a wealthy family at one time had owned them... they filled them with earth to make a foundation for their palace home. Thus, the restoration.

No comments: